[mythtv-users] iptables not blocking traffic from MBE to SBE

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Nov 13 16:00:17 UTC 2008

Robin Hill wrote:
> On Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 01:30:47PM -0800, Mache Creeger wrote:
>
>> I am having problems getting iptables to block traffic from my MBE
>> (DIGIT) to my SBE (DEN). I have the proper iptables script in place
>> but packets still get through. It has got to be something simple.
>> What have I forgotten?
>>
> I can't see anything apparent here, but the basic iptables output hides
> half of the details - what does "iptables -L -n -v" show?  You could
> also try not specifying the source for the OUTPUT and the destination for
> the INPUT chains (this should do the same as you currently have but is
> slightly looser in scope so may catch some extra packets).

One other thought - could ip6tables be letting traffic through (i.e. IPv6
is allowed where IPv4 is blocked?). Fedora9 comes with both iptables and
ip6tables enabled by default.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts