[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Wendel, Ryan wendelr at uncw.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:14:47 UTC 2008

> I've seen some posts about problems with interlacing on nVidia
> cards, but I've been unable to pick up exactly what the problem
> is. Please can someone give a brief explanation? Is it only
> a problem with TV out, or would cause problems with the VGA to Scart
> trick? Is there any signs of it's being fixed?

> Cheers,
>	Paul.

Start here...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Deinterlacing
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_playback_filters
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_playback_filters

I too have an nvidia card and am experiencing some issues. LiveTV looks HORRIBLE right now for me. I just ordered a new video card, I'm hoping this helps. I also think I need to update my nvidia drivers. I believe I am using the legacy drivers (173.14.12) when I should be using the current ones (177.82). My video card is coming in today and I'll know more about this tonight.

I'm gonna grab the source from http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html to perform my driver upgrade.

I'm also using an HVR-1600 which apparently, is still pretty new. The drivers may be the issue regarding LiveTV for me. Playback of videos outside of LiveTV is fine (for me).

So anyway, this is all food for thought. Take a look at it all and see if it applies to you. If anyone else wants to chime in on both of our comments, please fo.

-Ryan