[mythtv-users] Xen and Mythbackend help

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Thu Nov 13 13:21:40 UTC 2008

Gerald,

I had this up and running under CentOS 5 (5.0 at the time if I remember correctly) with a PVR-150 and a PVR-250. The article below talks about a DVB-C card, which may be different.   I continuously had issues with the video quality and pci throughput . Ultimately, I gave up and installed a secondary mythbackend in Dom0. Ubuntu does have newer versions of Xen though, so this may be more stable. Getting it up and running is not too complex.

If you read the article referenced, there's a link on the right side of the page to "Pass DVB card to guest domain", which is what you need.

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor

Sweet, you're even doing it under Ubuntu, which I want.  I tried to follow the link on your web site to your virtualization guide (Dom0 setup), but the link only brought me back to the backend install.