[mythtv-users] Use of ATRPM repositories ? (Myth on Fedora via wiki instructions)

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Nov 13 03:26:21 UTC 2008

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I'm installing mythtv by the instructions given here:
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora
>
> After I enabled the ATRPMs repositories, yum wants to do an update.
> But when I run it, I get a bunch of conflicts as shown below.   How do I
> resolve them ?

Most people installing MythTV are installing it on a dedicated front or
back end.  In those cases, it is highly recommended to install Fedora,
then install MythTV.  If you wish to install any other non-everything
software, enable the other repositories that you need.  If you find
conflicts, you will need to deal with them as you find them.

This is the primary reason why ATRPMs is not a part of the new RPMFusion
repositories.

For specific problems with ATRPMs, use of the ATRPMS email list is
suggested:
		atrpms-users at atrpms.net

I've learned how to use yum in shell mode to correct a number of my
conflicts, the rest are handled with excludes in particular .repo files.

PIL vs python-imaging
faac
faad
mplayer
ffmpeg

have all caused me grief over the last 2 years.  Good luck sorting out
your problems.

[specifics snipped]

--
Kevin J. Cummings