[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Wed Nov 12 23:40:31 UTC 2008

Op donderdag 13-11-2008 om 12:20 uur [tijdzone +1300], schreef Nick
Rout:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Jelle De Loecker <skerit at kipdola.com> wrote:
> > Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 13:23 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Brad
> > DerManouelian:

> >> That aside, I was going more in this direction:
> >> It looks like Ticket 4501 needs to be updated to take virtual tuners
> >> into account.
> >> It should be implemented by a developer when they have some free time.
> >>
> >> -Brad
> >
> > But these persons DO know what they want to see.
> >
> > In my example I was watching "Animal Planet" and I wanted to make a well
> > thought over switch to the channel "één"
>
> I was trying to be tongue in cheek with my comment, which was supposed
> to be a bit pf a parody to the response usually given about LiveTV in
> this list.
>
> Yes LiveTV has its uses, you'll find yo use it less and less.
>
> I use multirec (two tuners each as 4 virtual tuners) and will play
> around and see how this affects me.
>
> For example can you choose channel by number as opposed to browsing?

I'm afraid not. And I've tried them all:

* Entering channel number
* Going to the guide and change channel
* Browse channels

And I also tried all these options with the "Browse across tuners"
patch, but I only realised today that patch has nothing to do with
*tuning* a channel.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker