[mythtv-users] liveTV sucking up CPU cycles?

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 02:18:28 UTC 2008

Hi Rick,

> I too have experienced the exact same thing.  I've always meant to look
> into it, but never pursued it because I don't watch much live tv.
> That's changing...
>
> One thing I've noticed is if I tell it to record the live tv program,
> exit live tv, go to recording and watch it, it plays fine.  - I know
> that's been stated... However, If I fast forward to the point where the
> recording is a few seconds behind the live, the stuttering and skipping
> happens again.  I just thought I'd mention it.
>
> Rick

I think I've noticed that in the past, too.  I seem to recall having to
pause for about 10 seconds for things to settle down a bit.  That was on a
previous frontend I had that was on the edge, performance-wise, for any HD
playback.

I'm out of ideas of where to look at this point.  It certainly seems like
something extra is happening in LiveTV, but it's not making itself apparent
in the logs.