[mythtv-users] Merging 2 XMLTV sources into one video source

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Nov 11 16:23:49 UTC 2008

Nicolas,

Nicolas Will wrote:
> So, is there a way to run the FR XMLTV grabber as I do now, then the UK
> RT XMLTV grabber for TV5 Europe solely, then merge the 2 results as the
> Satellite source?
>
> If yes, how do I achieve that?

David has already pointed you at the help I got here recently on a very
much related matter. Some more info:

- configure each grabber to only grab the channels you need;

- it is not actually required to merge the various xmltv files before
feeding them to myhthfilldatabase. In fact you can't (and tv_cat will
refuse to do so) if the encoding is not the same in all files being merged.

Cheers, Jan