[mythtv-users] Still trying to restore mythconverg database

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Nov 11 15:40:53 UTC 2008

Damian wrote:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Couple of things:

- make sure you do this on your master backend (i.e. on the machine that
the database resides on)

- have a look at what /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt says. This file contains
your database location and credentials.

The following extracts the required info from that file and then takes
you into mysql:

. /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
mysql -h $DBHostName -u $DBUserName --password=$DBPassword $DBName

Note that the second method, which explicitly addresses your database
server, will work from any machine that mythtv has been successfully set
up on: I just tried the above from my frontend.

Note to others: this may be Ubuntu-specific; I don't know.

HTH, Jan