[mythtv-users] mythwelcome setup questions

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 03:11:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>wrote:

> The settings on the MythWelcome screen are what mythshutdown uses to set
> the wakeup time in the BIOS or tell ACPI what the next wakeup time
> should be (/usr/bin/nvram-wakeup or your ACPI script), to tell grub or
> lilo that on the next boot it should just shutdown immediately
> (/sbin/grub-set-default 1) some BIOS's need a reboot before the time set
> by nvram-wakeup will stick you probably should leave this blank for
> ACPI, command to reboot (/sbin/reboot) -  only  used if the previous
> setting is not blank,  command to shutdown (/sbin/poweroff) this is used
> to do the actual shutdown when mythshutdown --shutdown is called.

The only thing I'm confused about is why the script to set the wake time
needs to be specified in both.

Also, perhaps the 'mythwelcome setup screen' might be better called the
'mythwelcome/mythshutdown setup screen' as it's settings seem more related
to mythshutdown than mythwelcome? Or at least some note made of that in the
docs (might do it myself once i get my head around it)

vik