[mythtv-users] Possibly OT: Merging Tables, NO duplicates.

Shanon Swafford listbox at swaffordfamily.com
Tue Nov 11 02:16:21 UTC 2008

Maybe write a little PHP/Perl script that pulls from SQLlite and inserts
into mysql with the keys updated.  Or export to a file and read/insert with
PHP/Perl.  Run script, change connector on machine to start updating mysql.
Move to next machine.

It is probably a sacrilege, but if it where me, I would suck those tables
from all 3 machines into Excel using it's ODBC import function (or export
and paste into Excel if necessary), then massage the keys and use Excel's
"concatenate" function to spit out SQL insert statements.  If you have
multiple tables and keys between them, the "vlookup" function is a great one
too.  Not sure if OpenOffice.org has that functionality but I am setting up
a PC in my spare time to try and replace all I do in Excel so I'll find out
someday.  Right now I couldn't make a living without Excel.

I also might think about adding a new columns for the machine name and
existing index/key.  Like "machinea,1", "machinea,2", "machineb,1",
"machineb,2", .... if you care to keep that history.