[mythtv-users] MythMovies and multiple srt files

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun Nov 9 23:10:59 UTC 2008

> So I have Movie.avi and Movie.srt, but that way I only have one
> language. How can I add more?

You can't do it automatically.  If you have a sub-title file that is different from the movie's filename, the only other way to specify the different SRT file is by passing it to MPlayer in it's "play" command.

What you *might* be able to is, say you have a movie file called Movie.avi, and several different SRT files for it.  You could name, say, the dutch-language SRT file something like Movie-dutch.srt, then in the folder where Movie.avi is (or even a different folder), create a symlink to Movie.avi called Movie-dutch.avi, and that *should* work (I have not tested this myself)

Of course you end up with several different "versions" of the movie, but at least it won;t take up additional space :-)  You may want to create different sub-directories for the different "versions" so that the other users of your system know the movies in such-and-such directory will have Dutch subtitles, the ones in this other directory will have English subtitles, etc.

I hope this helps.

-Alan