[mythtv-users] 6 day weather forecast issue in Mepo-Wide

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:31:46 UTC 2008

2008/7/16 C.T. Paterson <i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com>:
> 2008/7/16 Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>:
>> Folks, please find the 3 files at
>> http://www.oaklands.aust.com/mythtv/weather-wide.zip
>>
>> To use them just unzip them into your
>> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/ directory.
>
> Thanks, Phil.
>
> I've downloaded and installed.  On my widescreen TV, using the ENVCAN
> grabber for weather; your fix is a substantial improvement - though it
> initially didn't fit in as well for me as yours looks in your
> screenshot.
>
> I tried reloading the theme - and that put things in a better position.
>
> I was reading last night about what was involved in submitting the
> patch; yeah, it's not very approachable for the casual developer
> (that's not a criticism; not everything can be all things to all
> people).  I've joined the dev mailing list, and I've got a spare PC
> that can act as a dev platform, so I'll see what I can do about
> getting a patch for this together and submitting it in the fullness of
> time.
>
> That's not to say anyone should by shy about trying to beat me to it.  ;>

In the exceedingly unlikely case that anyone was waiting for me to do
this - I'm not going to at this point.  A different, but perfectly
good fix has found its way into the 8.10 release, so I'll just leave
well enough alone.

Sorry I couldn't do any better.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine