[mythtv-users] Shared DVD across network using NFS

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Mon Nov 10 07:09:22 UTC 2008

Hey Guys.

In my setup at home I've started using these machiens as frontends: ASUS
EEE B202

Thiose machines doesn't have a DVD-drive in them.

BUT - I have an external DVD-drive based on USB2. Is it possible to
mount that on one of the frontends and afterwards sharing it to all my
frontends using NFS.
Can I give the rigths so the user can insert the DVD in the livingroom
and afterwards can play the DVD on the frontends.

Scenario:
I have a frontend in the livingroom - to that I want to mount the
external DVD-drive to the frontend.
Then inserting a DVD-movie in the drive.
Then go to the bedroom and choose to se a DVD movie - From the drive
down in the Livingroom.

This is Based on I got a GB-lan network running at home.
Is there anything in this that seems impossible - or is there anything I
should be aware of.

Thanks