[mythtv-users] Diagnosing Hangs.

Dave davedog at mac.com
Mon Nov 10 03:43:52 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

I've had a remote frontend hang a couple of times recently while
watching live TV. This specifically happens after I've paused it and
try to resume watching. I am familiar and quite handy with the Mac OS
X development tool set, but know next to nothing about developing on
Linux, other than how to use gdb. The Mac has a nifty tool for
diagnosing hangs called sample, which essentially pokes into the app
every once in a while, takes a look at what the app is doing and
writes it to a file.  Is there anything like this on Linux? I'd like
to poke around and see if I can't figure out what's what, hopefully
without having to recompile mythtv by hand.

Thanks!

-Dave