[mythtv-users] HTPC: Asus P5E-VM HDMI G35, GeForce 8200 mGPU or other?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:21:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Jo Heremans <Jo at requestfocus.be> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 08:35:57AM +0200, Jo Heremans wrote:
>>> I have an P5E-VM hdmi motherboard. I use mythbuntu 8.04 and had to
>>> compile
>>> the intel driver manual. After that i have 1080p working. Sound is also
>>> working.
<snip/>
> I use sound over hdmi. I tested also the sound with pc speakers and that
> is also working. I can't test spdif for the moment. But there is "iec958"
> in alsamixer.

Jo,
do you know what version Intel Driver you're using?  i just installed
MythBuntu 8.10 on a system using the Asus P5E-VM and i believe it's
using version 2.4.1, at least that's what Synaptic is saying :)
my HDMI output is kinda flaky, VGA seems a bit more stable.  although
i get occasional lockups (hard lock of entire system) with both.  i
haven't spent a great deal of time combing my logs.  not quite sure
what to look for or where :)
i was thinking of doing a full, clean install since i had done an
upgrade.  and was also considering compiling the Intel drivers (2.5.0)
if other were having luck with them.

--
Andrew Close