[mythtv-users] PVR-500 Audio glitching

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Nov 7 05:09:35 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 20:16, Norm Dugas wrote:
> I'm not really sure how to describe the issue I'm seeing (hearing) other
> than to call it audio glitching.  I thought I'd ask here to see if
> anyone else has experienced this with a PVR-500.  The best way I could
> describe it is that while audio is playing, you sometimes hear some
> strange squealing.  It's like the audio speeds up for a moment but not
> really.  At first, I thought it was the audio on my FE but when I heard
> the same sound at the same spots on a 2nd FE, I was sure it was the
> source.  Next, I listened to the raw recording (pulled it out using
> Nuvexport) and it was there too.  I've gone through the mythbackend logs
> and any other log I can think of but I don't see any errors.  What's
> interesting is that it's not consistent.  Maybe it's tied to one of the
> tuners?  How can I tell which tuner recorded a program?

I get (maybe) something like that from mine. Intermittent chirping, reminds me
of audio clipping. I've had it while watching football, or on PBS. I've even
heard the same sound, though, on a friend's SD TV on the same channel using
the same cable service. My FE/BE is a cheapo box, 2 years old running 24/7.
Might just be cheap components drifting off spec as they age. I've just filed
it under "I dunno."

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca