[mythtv-users] Controlling a H23-600

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Fri Nov 7 00:48:18 UTC 2008

Has anyone had any luck controlling a H23-600 STB from DirecTV? I've read
where it should work with the directv.pl in H20 mode but I can't seem to get
mine working. I've got 2 USB -> Serial adapters, a Null Modem adapter, and a
null modem cable. I've tried with and without the NM adapter to no avail. I
get the excessive retrys error. I have 2 other USB -> Serial adapters
controlling a pair of D10's without a problem so I know how to tweak and use
the directv.pl script. I'm assuming that the cable setup is the problem, I'm
hoping that someone can confirm the correct cable setup for me because
there's nothing out there specific to the H23 STB... other then a August
post on the list where Jedi simply claims to have a similar setup (only it
works). http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/344130#344130

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Josh