[mythtv-users] Mythweb: "Don't/Never Record" buttons don't work correctly with manual schedules

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Nov 5 23:52:27 UTC 2008

Jonathan Larson wrote:

> I’ve got some manually scheduled programs (recurring weekly). When I
> try to use the “Don’t record” or “Never Record” buttons on the
> Upcoming recordings page for one of these ‘manual recordings’, mythweb
> inserts a “Schedule override” for that particular instance, and the
> recording will not take place.
>
> The problem is that the ‘cancelled’ episode continues to appear in
> “Upcoming Recordings” as a normally scheduled program (green
> border)—without any indication of its cancelled status.
>
> Everything works fine for ‘regular’ programs scheduled via the program
> listings, so there has to be something about manual schedules that
> prevents the ‘override’ records from being taken into account on the
> “Upcoming Recordings” page.
>
> Can anyone offer some advice on troubleshooting this? Which file in
> Mythweb handles the ‘conflict detection’ for “Upcoming Recordings”?

I have seen this, and it appears that the backend doesn't send the
updated schedule to mythweb immediately. If you refresh the 'Upcoming
Recordings' page after clicking 'Don't Record', it should show the
corrected schedule. It does this for me with SVN build 18703.

I have not debugged it, since it works well enough for me.

Tom