[mythtv-users] Looking for MicroATX AM2 CPU supporting motherboard suggestions.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Nov 5 17:59:33 UTC 2008

Colin McGregor wrote:
avenot indicated where
>> you are on this planet, gmail could be anywhere.
>
> Ah, yes, local for me is the greater Toronto, ON area. In looking for
> the M3N78 EMH HDMI motherboard I hit all the usual suspect spots (the
> dozen or so PC dealers within 3 blocks of the intersection of College
> St. and Spadina Ave.).

Ah, I used to live in Peterborough, and I spent a lot of time in T.O.
(like the Science Center and the ROM). Since this was over 30 years ago,
I can't suggest any vendors.

I also used to work on Sultan Street, a block from Y and B, playing with
 IBM RPG machines.

> Problem here is I have a bunch of parts (CPU, memory and case) which I
> don't want to buy replacements for. Basicly I want to get out of this
> mess while spending as little money as possible.

I can certainly understand that sentiment. Every tiem they change CPU
sockets or RAM types my junk drawer becomes a little less valuable.

beww