[mythtv-users] MythFontend blank screening after 10 Mins of opertion - Not due to Screen Saver

Chris Gackstatter chris at gackstatter.org
Wed Nov 5 14:25:01 UTC 2008

OK

Here is a really strange one.

I have two Dell GX270 machines running Fedora 8 that are used to view both
live and recorded programs from a backend that is Running Fedora 7.  (I
know, I should update, but I really don't have the time).

Both these machine bring up MythTV fine and as long as you keep using the
key board or mouse you can watch either recorded or LiveTV with out a
problem. However if you do not interact with the machine the screen goes
blank, but you can still hear the TV over the speakers.

If I go back to the keyboard or mouse, I can not get the picture to come
back on, In fact I can not gain any control of the computer.  I have to do a
hard reboot to get control of the machine.  When I do this the card on the
backend continues to run and the only way I can gain control of the backend
is to reboot stop the mythbackend.

Naturally my first thought was that this was caused by the screen saver, so
I disabled the screen saver but still had the same problem.

Then I thought it might be caused by some power management scheme, so I
turned off all power management settings, but still no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how do I correct it.

Chris