[mythtv-users] Where does commercial flagging happen???

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Nov 4 16:00:13 UTC 2008

Hi...

I had noticed that when my single core MBE was commercial flagging that
the duel core SBE would not be able to play back programming streamming
from the MBE w/o some annoying jitter.  So I disabled the commercial
flagging on the MBE unless it was between midnight and 6am.  (Solving
this problem, if possible, deserves another thread.)

Recently, I noticed the duel core SBE was again having jitter problems.
  This time playing as SD OTA ATSC recording.  Hummmm!  I checked and
noticed the SBE was doing a commercial flagging session.  I'm thinking
this shouldn't be a problem - it's a duel core machine!

Then a friend suggested the SBE was doing a MBE commercial flagging.
That is, I was probably transmitting the equivalent of 3 shows over my 1
network between the MBE and SBE machines.

Even if I didn't set the "flag commercials on the machine it was
recorded on" for either the MBE or SBE, I would have never thought a
mythtv network would go out of it's way to flag commercials on anything
but the MBE.

So what to people think, will setting the MBE to only flag commercials
during off hours (something like midnight to 6am) cause the MBE to
executed a "remote commercial flagging session" on a recording recorded
and stored on the MBE?

(Note, FYI, there are tuners on both the MBE and SBE machines.)