[mythtv-users] Frontend over wireless

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:16:22 UTC 2008

On 04/11/2008, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there folks!
>
> Here's my setup:
>
> Server running mythbackend.
> Wired NIC on 192.168.0.2
> Wireless NIC on 192.168.3.1
>
> Wired works a treat.
>
> Recently tried setting up my Acer Apsire One over wireless network for a
> mythfrontend. Installed fine, set server as 192.168.3.1. Frontend starts,
> connects to mythconverg and all is looking great. However, when I goto
> watch live TV or recorded programmes the frontend tries to connect to
> 192.168.0.2:6543. Why? I do not understand - I haven't mentioned that IP
> in my frontend setup at all.

I think you specify the database address on the frontend, and the
backend address is stored in the database.

I would have thought you need to define 192.168.3.1 on your frontend
as a gateway.  Then when the frontend tries to connect to .0.2 it will
connect to the gateway which should be able to sort things out.  (As
you can tell I'm no expert at this but I got something similar working
myself so it should be possible.