[mythtv-users] BD+ cracked in Linux now

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Nov 3 22:38:33 UTC 2008

> users of the HD-PVR are reporting that 3GHz proc (single core as decoding
> cant be multi-threaded yet) is need for the max qual. which is around
> 14Mbps.  Blu Ray is around 30avg. to 40Mbps max.  A much faster proc wil be
> required.  I dont know if you could even do it without transcoding or
> hardware accel with todays procs.
>
> Mitchell

I have run blue ray movies on my windows machine using a really old amd 4200
and nvidia 8500 graphics card just fine. off the drive that is, the machine
does have issues playing back ripped/trancoded blue ray movies.
not sure if this relates at all to linux as I havent tried. but its a data point.

though this weekend I will be trying it out on my linux machine, at least
if the doom9 article is available. was slashdotted when I tried earlier.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org