[mythtv-users] BD+ cracked in Linux now

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:32:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 15:34 -0600, Marc Randolph wrote:
> > I believe Intel engineers are working on Intel drivers, and there has
> > been mention of accereleration in the past, but my understanding is
> > that it isn't there yet.
>
> nope, not yet.
>

> > But even still, I don't think you need a top-of-the-line processor.
> > Many streams are playable with a ~2.2-2.5 GHz dual core processor,
>
> I wouldn't mistake downloaded HD movies recompressed @ 8 GB with full
> dumps from BD.
>
> Nico

HA, i was going to say the same thing.

users of the HD-PVR are reporting that 3GHz proc (single core as decoding
cant be multi-threaded yet) is need for the max qual. which is around
14Mbps.  Blu Ray is around 30avg. to 40Mbps max.  A much faster proc wil be
required.  I dont know if you could even do it without transcoding or
hardware accel with todays procs.

Mitchell