[mythtv-users] searching previously recorded stuff

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Nov 3 21:16:39 UTC 2008

> Someone needs to set up recording groups so he can limit the number of
> recordings displayed using "Show group:".  Then again, you can also
> limit it by title, and I'm pretty sure you have titles.  Note that it
> will even remember the last view, so if you leave the page on a title,
> going back to it will be fast.  (OK, I'm assuming that there are many
> different titles among your 1200+ recorded shows.)

I do have recording groups already. though fairly wide categories.
almost 5000 recordings in total but the group most likely to have it
was 1200 shows.
but ultimately it came down to the wifal unit asking "do you have
anything about xxxxx". if it was just do you have the 2nd episode
of my show or such that is easy. but this would need keyword search
on all the shows and descriptions. groups would not have helped.
even searching by title wouldnt work as it could have been called
anything.

though the myth_recent_recordings.pl script seems to be
the best option.

./myth_recent_recordings.pl --plain_text --recordings -1 | grep -i 'string'

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org