[mythtv-users] HD-Homerun rescan doesn't map chanel numbers

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:43:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure how to describe this, so bear with me.
>
> After re-aiming my antenna yesterday to pick up additional digital chanels,
> I did a rescan on my HD-Homerun to pick them up. When I initially set up
> the
> HD-Homerun, it maped the 'actual' ATSC channel numbers to the 'legacy'
> changel numbers, as in WABC-DT New York is on ATSC 45.1-45.3, but got
> mapped
> as 7.1 - 7.3.
>
> The rescan yesterday, however, did not change the chanel number mapping,
> instead adding the new chanels as their ATSC number. After doing the
> initial
> scan as "Minimal Update", I tried "Rename" and "Delete" -- and now ALL my
> digital chanels are listed as their ATSC numbers.
>
> I don't think the stations all changed something, because my digital
> converter box rescanned them correctly.
>
> Has something changed in Myth, or am I forgetting a step ?
>
> -Chris

Someone else can probably speak more intelligently about this but I remember
having this happen to me and I think I just deleted everything and started
over. I mean, delete the HDHR, not all of myth :)  I can't remember how much
tuner related setups I deleted but it isn't that hard to delete them all and
re-enter them in order per the instructions.

Allen