[mythtv-users] Why RAID 5 stops working in 2009

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:11:44 UTC 2008

> I think we are all at the same place. We would be much more enthusiastic
> about ZFS if it were natively supported in the Linux kernel. Unless Sun
> changes it's current license, that is unlikely.

I got to testing the new zfs-fuse-0.5 this weekend and performance is
still pretty bad (writes less than 1/2 the speed of xfs).

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-713548-highlight-.html

But during my searching for this I was reminded that there is btrfs
that is being developed by oracle that will be similar to zfs in a lot
of respects but it will be in the linux kernel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs

John