[mythtv-users] Remote buttons "sticking" on Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI

John Westbrooke john at westbrooke.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 11:57:28 UTC 2008

Apologies, reposting as missed subject header.

Hi,

I have a MythTV setup using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI which I have
working fine. I used to have the remote configured but didn't use it so
removed the configs a long time ago. I just upgraded to the .20 firmware for
this device and everything is still OK, but I thought I would setup the
remote again as it would be convenient with my box in a new location.

I set everything up and seems to be OK except that whatever button I press
on the remote "sticks" e.g. if I start irw and press 1 the input I see is
11111111111111.... etc I checked it's not the actual remote by taking out
the batteries and pointing a digital camera at the IR led, it's definitely
only sending 1 instance of the command.

I'm running SuSE 10.3 and everything else is working pretty well. I can only
imagine that this is a bug in the .20 firmware or the configs I have setup.

Here is some extra info to assist in finding the cause:-

dmesg output

dib0700: loaded with support for 8 different device-types
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in cold state, will try
to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'
dib0700: firmware started successfully.
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1238)
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1241)
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input3
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and
connected.
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

Hardware config /etc/sysconfig/lirc

LIRCD_DEV_PERMISSIONS="660"
LIRCD_DEV_OWNER="root:video"
LIRCD_DRIVER="dev/input"
LIRCD_DEVICE="/dev/input/event3"
LIRC_MODULE=
LIRCD_LISTENPORT=
LIRCD_CONNECT=

The lircd.conf and lircrc are both from
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI with no
changes.

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it. I have done a full
cold start as well, powering down the machine from the PSU switch to ensure
backplane power is removed.

Thanks in advance