[mythtv-users] Sound issue that I can't seem to figure out

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Sun Nov 2 19:25:12 UTC 2008

Harry,

As you could tell from my note, I'm not too familiar with the PCHD-5500;
I still run on the Hauppauge board.  That being said, you should see a
CX88xx module for sound in lsmod.  And from what I can tell, it's
probably the cx88_alsa you should see.  But past this point, you're
moving beyond my experience.

I did some quick Googling and found what might be helpful from searching
"pchd5500 sound".  There are notes about some recent problems with the
sound drivers (depending on your kernel version), plus other stuff.  You
should do some digging around on Google.

Also, try looking at the alsa and the mythtv wikis for pchd5500 info.

Good luck.

Joe Henley