[mythtv-users] Is network required for single frontend/backend machine?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 19:14:54 UTC 2008

On 02/11/2008 1:12 PM, test wrote:
> My question is why can I not connect my frontnend to my backend.
> I have a wireless router which connects my 2 computers to the internet.
> My linux box, which has my FE and BE uses an iP address of 192.168.2.3.
> It this what I should use as the "server address"?

It is quite possible that MySQL has been set to bind to 127.0.0.1 only,
so trying to access it from the actual IP address (192.168.*) is
refused. Try stating your backend is on 127.0.0.1. That may just fix it
(Though it may cause issues when you later want to add other back of
frontends).
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston