[mythtv-users] Is network required for single frontend/backend machine?

test sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Sun Nov 2 18:23:30 UTC 2008

Harry Devine wrote:
> test wrote:
>
>> Do I need to configure a network if FE and BE are on the same box?

I don't care about that at all. I just want to get something working.
I am using the Mythbuntu Live CD. My Hauppauge 1600 is recognized under
Intrepid. I am able to TV DTV using Mplayer.

I run Live CD and when I click on "test connection" I get a "failed"
message.

My /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt file shows...

user=mythtv
password=C1RFOKlE
database=mythconverg
server=192.168.2.3

I entered these settings into the "live session configuration" window
and clicked on "save".

Here is my mythbuntu_configuration.ini file...

[mythbuntu]
pictures_server = none
version = 7.10
music_path = none
remote_en = False
pictures_pass = none
remotedriver = none
hostname = ubuntu
music_auth = False
mysql_host = 192.168.2.3
music_type = none
videos_server = none
autostart = True
externalhome = True
pictures_type = none
videos_pass = none
pictures_user = none
videos_auth = False
remoteconfig = none
videos_type = none
music_server = none
music_pass = none
music_user = none
pictures_auth = False
remotemodules = none
mysql_pass = C1RFOKlE
remotecontrol = none
videos_path = none
mysql_user = mythtv
videos_user = none
mysql_db = mythconverg
pictures_path = none

Why is my connection between FE and BE failing?