[mythtv-users] Change RTP (RTSP) Port of Internal Player?

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:25:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use my Mythbuntu 8.10 setup with the French IPTV Provider with
its freebox. I've tried to setup what's necessary using the information
given in the Wiki's related to freebox plugin.

I've setup the IPTV recorder etc, everything seems to be OK.

However, I can't watch any TV channel. It's a black screen with OSD
information. No video.

I can watch the channels using VLC and/or mplayer on the same system,
configured to "receive" the RTP stream on port 1599 (my own choice). This
port is forwarded on my router to this Mythtv computer.

When it comes to Mythtv, it seems that the Internal player is not receiving
the stream, guessing that it's due to the listening port issue. Question is:

- Is it the Internal player who's trying to display the IPTV Recorder
content? (no mention about mplayer in the debug log)
- Is there a specific port that the Internal player listens for incoming RTP
streams?
- Can I set this port using some configuration option somewhere?

Thanks alot for any insight,

Emre