[mythtv-users] Sound issue that I can't seem to figure out

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 16:59:21 UTC 2008

Joe Henley wrote:
> This sounds similar to a problem I had.  On my bttv based Hauppauge
> card, I had to modify /etc/modprobe to include the old standard msp3400
> items (the msp3400 is the sound chip on the Hauppauge board).
>
> Make sure the driver module for the sound chip on your pcHD5500 card is
> installed and working (lsmod).
>
> Good luck.
>
> Joe Henley

How do I find out what the sound module is for my card?  I saw some cx88
modules listed by lsmod, but I'm not sure of what's listed being the
sound module.  I saw an alsa-base file under /etc/modprobe.d/ that lists
cx88_alsa index=-2, but didn't see cx88_alsa when I ran lsmod.

Could that be the issue here?  Why wouldn't Ubuntu load it?  I know that
I've seen others post how they have the pcHD5500 card and it just worked
with Mythbuntu "right out of the box".

Thanks,
Harry