[mythtv-users] Mythtv in unicode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 2 15:58:17 UTC 2008

On 11/02/2008 10:13 AM, Berrit Clarijs wrote:
> I am already struggling quite a while to get Mythbuntu (8.10) to use
> unicode (utf8) characters. As there must be a lot of users out there
> who need unicode as well, I can not imagine that I am the only one
> trying to find out how to get it working properly.
> As I live in the Netherlands, I am using the dutch locale.
>
> Who can help me out with a tutorial how to configure my Mythbuntu
> config to get unicode working?!

0.21-fixes is (and--unless some 0.21-fixes user submits a /lot/ of
correct patches--will remain) broken.  0.22 will fix most (if not all)
character encoding issues as a side-effect of changes required for the
Qt4 port (i.e. Qt4 didn't "fix" it, but a change we were forced to make
because of changes between Qt3 and Qt4 will fix it).

More on why it's still broken after all these versions:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/339603#339603

Mike