[mythtv-users] ASUS WePC and Myth

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 07:37:21 UTC 2008

On 01/11/2008, Greg Baker <ggbaker at cs.sfu.ca> wrote:
> ASUS recently opened up a site "WePC" that seems to translate roughly to
>  "suggest new stuff to do with the Eee line".  I suggested my ideal Myth
>  frontend (which I can't find anywhere else):
>    http://www.wepc.com/vote/view/dream/2304/Eee_Media_Center_Frontend
>
>  If others share my quest for such a system, it doesn't take that many
>  votes to get in the top few pages of suggestions (and many of the others
>  there are a little wacky).  Perhaps ASUS could be convinced to make
>  hardware for Myth?

In the interim, have you seen the Eee Box?

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10/10/review_desktop_pc_asus_eee_box/
contains the details - interestingly it has a VESA-compatible mount so
that it can be attached and hidden _behind_ your LCD or Plasma screen.
It also has DVI and S/PDIF so would seem to have a lot of potential as
(at least an SDTV) a remote frontend.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: