[mythtv-users] Doing 8.10 Upgrade

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 03:38:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 01:29:35 pm steve wrote:

> good luck, shouldnt be too bad.  I did it here a couple days ago with RC.

Thanks, good to hear.

> whats that "do-release-upgrade"  never heard of it? new? Ive always used
> update-manager -d

I got it from  "Network Upgrade for Ubuntu Servers (Recommended)" found at:
  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

You need to have "update-manager-core" installed - was already on my mythbuntu
setup. Its text only, not even curses based. Ideal if you don't want to run up
a local or remote gui. My frontend doesn't have a mouse, so its easier to work
via the cmd line.

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album