No subject

Wed May 28 23:37:50 UTC 2008

transmitter.  Most of the docs i see out there mention
serial IR transmitter and requiring two lirc
instances.  Mine is part of the cable that comes out
of the IR port
on the Hauppauge card.  Basically, the IR port on the
card has a cable plugged into it that splits out to an
IR receiver and an IR transmitter.  The IR receiver
works fine.  I cannot get the IR transmitter to work.

When I do a: irsend SEND_ONCE DCT700 info

I get this error:
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
irsend: hardware does not support sending

When I run:
irsend LIST DCT700 ""

That gives back a response.  I'm thinking this command
only looks at the /etc/lircd.conf command and not
actually send anything to the IR transmitter.

Syslog says:

Jun  2 15:36:42 mythtv lircd-0.8.3[2678]: accepted new
client on /dev/lircd
Jun  2 15:36:42 mythtv lircd-0.8.3[2678]: error
processing command: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
Jun  2 15:36:42 mythtv lircd-0.8.3[2678]: hardware
does not support sending
Jun  2 15:36:42 mythtv lircd-0.8.3[2678]: removed
client

I tried this with lircd-0.8.2 and still had the same
problems, so I decided to get the newest lirc and
compile it myself.  I compiled lirc 0.8.3 with:

./configure --with-syslog --with-transmitter
--with-driver=hauppauge
./configure --with-kerneldir=/usr/src/linux
--with-moduledir=/lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/kernel/drivers/lirc/
--with-syslog --with-transmitter
--with-driver=hauppauge

I got some errors when doing the make and make
install, something about not able to find crtbeginS.o
It seemed to install okay since the logs are showing
the newer version of lirc.  I'm not that familiar w/
compiling programs.  Is there a way to check if I've
setup lirc okay?

I have several entries in /etc/lircd.conf
DCT700 is the cable box set top box model.  I've put
those codes in /etc/lircd.conf.
lircd.conf also has entries for: blaster, Hauppauge,
hauppauge_pvr, Hauppauge_350