No subject

Wed May 28 23:37:50 UTC 2008

My frontend and backend are running media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p16944.

I just tried a test and manually did a "mythfilldatabase
--refresh-all".  I had no problem going in and out of my recorded
programs menu on the frontend while it was running.  It may not have
been too good of a test however as the problem no doubt only occurs at
the end (when mythfilldatabase connects to the backend for
re-scheduling).  That part runs awfully fast on my setup...almost
instantaneous.   I'm not sure I'd be able to duplicate your situation.
 I tried twice but can't even be certain whether or not the two ever
actually connected at the same time.

Maybe I can write something using the mythtv perl module to hold a
socket connection and see if that blocks the frontend.

Tom