[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sat May 31 10:38:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM, George Mari
<george_mythusers at mari1938.org> wrote:
> Phil Bridges wrote:
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:05 AM, George Mari
>> <george_mythusers at mari1938.org> wrote:

>>> Have you run optimize_mythdb.pl to repair any possible database corruption?
>>>
>>> As I understand it, mythfilldatabase does not do any scheduling - the
>>> backend does.  I believe something like "mythbackend --resched" might do
>>> what you're looking for.
>>
>> Thanks for the --resched option, btw.  I hadn't noticed that before.
>
> You're welcome.
>
> I'm not sure whether you've already tried this or not, but running
>
> mythfilldatabase --verbose help
>
> shows a bunch of interesting debugging message options, including one
> for sockets.
>
> You're running mythfilldatabase on the backend, right?

Thanks again - I've added sched and socket to my monitoring.  I'll see
what happens on the next scheduled mfdb.

Yep - it is running on the backend.

I noticed something else funky last night.  I got socket errors on my
frontends when mythfilldatabase triggered the reschedule.