[mythtv-users] Why aren't my shows auto-transcoding?

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Sat May 31 03:14:10 UTC 2008

Matt Emmott wrote:

> I searched through a few of my mythbackend logs for anything mentioning
> transcoding and came up blank. Is there a global setting that I need to
> set that I'm just missing? Or something else I should be looking for?

Matt, I gave up on this after rummaging through every instruction and
FAQ I could find on the subject. And I have become wary of posting
questions here for fear of being flamed for my naivety and generally
being too stupid to use linux.

I finished up installing nuvexport:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Nuvexport

While not as good as having the transcoding to xvid (in my case) occur
automatically in the background, it does offer a fairly painless way of
batch transcoding recordings.

Cheers

GuiGuy