[mythtv-users] proposed configuration: nexus psile, commell lv675 (was: VIA EPIA EX for mythtv front+backend (newbie))

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:55:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Wouter van Atteveldt <wouter at 2at.nl> wrote:
> Is there a strong difference in performance, power consumption, or heat production between a celeron and pentium m with the same clock speed?

The celerons have half the cache of the pentiums so will be slower, by
how much probably varying on what you're actually doing. More
importantly they don't have speedstep, so you can't change their clock
frequency on the fly to reduce heat and power consumption when you
don't need all the power. In my opinion a dothan pentium-m is the best
bet.

James.