[mythtv-users] AppleTV, lirc, and a Bose Lifestyle RF Remote

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Fri May 30 20:25:36 UTC 2008

Do a little research: apple remotes send some sort of special ID code
along with every message, so its super unlikely that some standard
pack of codes would work. Your best bet would be obtaining a remote
that can learn codes, find about 15 friends with apple remotes and
teach each button on your learning remote one of the codes from the
various remotes, then set up lirc to use those codes. I think the high
end harmony remotes work with RF systems so you could still use your
bose system (but not its remote unless it has learning capabilities).

Why on earth apple crippled their IR hardware as such is a mystery.
Especially since you don't have to pair your remote with your
computer/aTV (that would make some sense so your neighbor holding down
the play button on his remote won't put your laptop to sleep).