[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Phil Vid phil.vid at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:51:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:45 PM,  <zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That said, I'd really like to know what people have
> working for full 1080i hi-def playback, on a 1080x1920
> native display. Specifically, the combination of:
>
> 1) video card
> 2) television
> 3) link between video card and television
>
> which gives 1080i without jumps, tearing, combs, sync
> issues, etc. Oh, and without crashing the system, too.

Nothing.

1) Nvidia GeForce 7300SE
2) Sony Bravia XBR which does 1080i / p natively.
3) DVI to HDMI

I'm in Australia so there are a few channels with 1080i. Using 169.12
nvidia drivers now gets successful 1080i display but playback will
stray from perfect quality to deinterlacing artifacts and back again.
The current theory is that there is some slight scaling being done by
the drivers causing the fields to get messed with but it doesn't
appear easy to debug it. I made some posts to the nvidia linux forums
about it but there were no replies of use.