[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA EX for mythtv front+backend (newbie)

Wouter van Atteveldt wouter at 2at.nl
Thu May 29 11:11:16 UTC 2008

> I would also take a look at the Shuttle brand of quite small computers.
> They are a popular choice here on the list.
>
> http://us.shuttle.com/
>
> William

Thanks for the advice!

I considered the shuttle systems (eg SG33G5M or SN68PTG6 Deluxe ) but if I am correct they are 31 cm deep, so I would prefer a smaller solution (I would have to turn it around 90 degrees and leave space for the CD and connectors, which is ugly and takes a lot of shelf space).

Also, from the specs I get the idea that performance is a more important consideration for them than noise, can anyone comment on how silent these systems are  / can be made?

Thanks,

-- wouter