[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 16:59:17 UTC 2008

--- Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll tell you what doesn't work (at least for me).
> A mac mini
> frontend and the mythfrontend.  It plays 720p
> beautifully, but the
> mythfrontend has a hard time with 1080i shows.  This
> really pisses me
> off since I recently bought the mac mini just for a
> HD frontend.
> However, VLC plays it fine at full resolution.  The
> mac is running osx
> and the osx port of the mythtv frontend.  There are
> many threads on
> this mailing list that talks about this.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with the mac. I
googled myth HD with high def, nVidia cards, HDMI,
different TVs, etc., and I found a lot of
difficulties. So I assumed it would be a difficult
thing to get it going right.

It wasn't, at least for me, as I describe elsewhere in
this thread. It was mostly plug-n-play (used mythbuntu
this time, vs before which was roll-yer-own system
based on SuSE 9.2 what a nightmare). I guess if you
google stuff about myth you see lots of problems when
things don't work, and you don't see much when things
work fine.