[mythtv-users] Can't change channel data with Mythweb anymore

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed May 28 15:35:25 UTC 2008

Ian Clark wrote:
> Are you on the latest mythweb? What browser are you using? What server?
>
> I've only just installed myth (so started on 0.21), but have mythweb
> working
> OK, and have sucesfully updated channel info.
>
> mySQL 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5-log running on the pvr (running Ubuntu 8)
>
> mythweb is running on another machine, running Apache 2.2.8 and php-5.2.5
>
> Using Firefox 3 seems ok.
>
> Are all your DB tables ok in the mythconverg database? I've had issues
> that
> have been fixed by a database repair.
>
> 2008/5/28 Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net>:
>
>> Since updating to 0.21 I find that the channel editor in MythWeb no
>> longer saves ANY changes I make.  It worked fine in 0.20.
>>
>> It goes through the motions after I hit "Save", but no data gets changed
>> in the database.  It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing (delete a
>> channel, change data within a channel record, etc.).
>>
>> I can use Mythweb to schedule/delete/change recordings, so I don't think
>> it's a permission issue.  Anyone else seen this and have a fix?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Bob

Ian:
BE/FE is running 64-bit Mandriva v. 2008.0 with updates.

mythtv-mythweb-0.21-16507.2mdv2008.0 <-- latest available
mythtv-frontend-0.21-16564.2mdv2008.0
mythtv-backend-0.21-16564.2mdv2008.0
(many other Myth packages, also, of course); same versions

mysql-client-5.0.45-8.1mdv2008.0
mysql-common-5.0.45-8.1mdv2008.0
python-mysql-1.2.1-0.p2.3mdv2007.1
lib64qt3-mysql-3.3.8-8mdv2008.0
php-mysql-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0
lib64mysql14-4.1.22-1mdv2007.1
perl-DBD-mysql-4.005-1mdv2008.0
mysql-5.0.45-8.1mdv2008.0
lib64mysql15-5.0.45-8.1mdv2008.0

apache-mpm-prefork-2.2.8-5mdv2008.0
apache-modules-2.2.8-5mdv2008.0
apache-base-2.2.8-5mdv2008.0
apache-conf-2.2.8-2mdv2008.0
apache-mod_php-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0

Using either Firefox 2.0.0.14 or 3.0 beta 5; same results.

I run optimize_mythdb.pl as a cron job daily; ran it again just now,
everything's OK.

Bob