[mythtv-users] How can I remove a maually installed nvidia driver?

Adolfo R. Brandes arbrandes at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:25:52 UTC 2008

Damian wrote:
> I installed the nvidia driver 173.08 manually, but I want to get rid of
> it and nothing I do seems to work. Can anyone help?

	I did it when upgrading from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04, and to accomplish it
I used Alberto Milone's "envy" script.  I believe option number 1 was
"Remove All Traces of the Nvidia Driver".

	However, Ubuntu 8.04 now has envy in it's repos, named "envyng", and it
seems to focus only on stable versions of the Nvidia drivers (up to
169.XX, I believe).  I don't know why that is and I haven't used it, so
I don't know if an "aptitude install envyng" will help solve your problem.

Adolfo