[mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed May 28 03:50:55 UTC 2008

Jake wrote:
>> I have entered the channel data (using the channel editor) for two of
>> these channels using the XMLTV ids and other info gleaned from a few
>> sites.  I enetered them into both the "unencrypted" source list and the
>> "everything" list I use for the STB.
>>

> not sure if this is the best way but this is how i add hd channels:
>
> 1) use the channel editor to add the channel with the proper xmltvid.
> as far as i know you can use any callsign/name/channel number you want
> as they are irrelevant as long as the xmltvid is correct.  also make
> sure your channel lineups are setup correctly on schedulesdirect so
> that you will actually pull the channel!
>
> 2) you need to update the dtv_multiplex table (this is described here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dtv_multiplex_table) but
> basically this tells mythtv what frequency your channel is on and maps
> it to the correct channel using the mplexid.  i'm not even sure if
> there is a way to edit this in mythtv-setup but i find it easier to
> just edit the db directly ;). YMMV.
>
> 3) next edit the channel table and specifically update the mplexid
> column for the channel you added mapping it to the correct mplexid
> that corresponds to the frequency of the channel.  you also need to
> update the sourceid column to map to the correct program number for
> the channel.
>
> if you have more than one channel on the same multiplex they all will
> have the same mplexid as they are tuned on the same frequency but
> their sourceid columns will be different as that corresponds to the
> correct program number.
>
> if there is an easier way to do this i'd be happy to hear but this
> definitely works for me!
>
> hope that helps!

Jake:

I'm perfectly willing to do this (I don't know MySQL syntax but do have
Webmin running on my Myth box, which will allow me to alter the data in a
MySQL database easily).  The problem is that I don't know what the mplexid
and serviceid of the channels I want to add are.  Looking through the
channel table for the channels which I know work, those fields are not
intuitively figured out.  They do not conform to the multiplex and minor
numbers that we get on scan (e.g. "79#4").  In the dtv_multiplex table, I
have no idea which entry corresponds to which channel.  So, without this
info I don't see any way of updating the database correctly.  If you could
give me a clue as to where I can find this info without doing a re-scan,
I'd definitely appreciate it - thanks.

Bob