[mythtv-users] New MythTV IR Hardware going Beta

Matthew Bodkin lists at innovationone.ca
Tue May 27 14:58:33 UTC 2008

> Matthew,
>
> Does your device generate its own IR carrier frequency in hardware,
> or does it rely on LIRC to do it in software?

Hi Dan,

The carriers are hardware generated.  The new one actually has 4
separate carrier generators (1 for each of the 4 transmitters) so
differently modulated devices can be controlled at the same time.

The CommandIR Mini does it in hardware too, but only transmits 1 actual
signal at a time (multiplexed transmitters).

LIRC just supplies the signal timings + carrier frequency data to be
transmitted, and we supply the raw remote signal timings back to LIRC
for decoding.

Matthew
--
InnovationOne Applied Technology - CommandIR
www.commandir.com