[mythtv-users] Video+Audio over HDMI with nVidia [was: Re: fglrx, Radeon HD, DVI/HDMI out --> tearing]

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:49:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Jason Keirstead <jason at keirstead.org> wrote:
> Dunno why you would care about a digital signal anyway if all you are
> doing is sending the audio to plain jane TV speakers... to each his own
> I guess.

I indeed don't care about the audio signal being digital. I do however
care about using up the single analogue input on the TV with audio
from the PC that could be carried by an HDMI cable instead.

My point is that carrying audio via HDMI is not necesserily a matter
of quality, but also of available connectivity on the destination
device.